Hi all,

Well, I'm all ready to start purchasing from this company Access Line for their local phone number which includes one VM box & BAMMM, I'm told they don't want my money b/c I'm in Canada & their archaic payment system doesn't allow for Canadian addresses & they clearly won't even fix the problem.

Not only is that a terrible biz move b/c now they will lose money from not just me, but a lot of other people out there, but once again, it makes us Canadian businesses feel unwanted & unloved by some of these American companies that refuse to accept that we also have enterprising businesses & deserve the utmost respect.

So, can anyone recommend a company that actually wants my money & to do biz with me?

I just need a US phone number (I want an easy one that I already have picked out) & 1-2 VM boxes.

Thanks

Michelle :)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

You can also try eFax.com.. they are pretty good. Its not local but its not bad.

Isn't efax just for faxes?

I already use their free service for incoming faxes.

When I say local, I mean a # within the US.

Thanks

Michelle

You can also try eFax.com.. they are pretty good. Its not local but its not bad.

Have you tried kall8.com? I have heard good things about them.

Thanks, but not only can you not listen to the messages on the phone as they only come via sound file in an e-mail, they charge you per minute even though it's not a toll free # LOL

Thanks for trying though

Michelle

Have you tried kall8.com? I have heard good things about them.

Freedom Voice is getting ready to offer local numbers also. We are actually doing a website now for a client in New York that offers a lot of services - local numbers being one of them. His email is rwardell (at) callclearvoice (dot) com - if you want to shoot him an email

Corey I just called up FV yesterday - http://www.freedomvoice.com/view.cgi?page=index&g= & they told me they only offer toll free #s. I decided to give them a chance b/c I do have their package, but don't want to go the toll free route at this time.

I'll e-mail the other guy.

I've called several companies & $8.95 is the lowest, but they won't allow me to pick from several #s so I get a really easy one. That's an issue for me b/c I'd rather go with an easy # than a complicated one.

Thanks

Michelle

Freedom Voice is getting ready to offer local numbers also. We are actually doing a website now for a client in New York that offers a lot of services - local numbers being one of them. His email is rwardell (at) callclearvoice (dot) com - if you want to shoot him an email

I am a reseller for FV so I do know they are going to offer it soon. They might be doing it before October. I cannot remember if they are doing that along with the Web Conferencing / Phone Conferencing by then or not. That was why I said they will be offering it but I am not certain what areas either.

I do know Ray does though, I just cannot remember his pricing off hand

Yeh I'm a reseller too, but haven't made anything from them yet, so I'll just be keeping them around so I can sell.

Unfortunately I can not wait until Oct. I need a # now.

You should tell them to tell their receptionist that they will be offering it since she didn't give me all the information.

Later :)

Mich

I am a reseller for FV so I do know they are going to offer it soon. They might be doing it before October. I cannot remember if they are doing that along with the Web Conferencing / Phone Conferencing by then or not. That was why I said they will be offering it but I am not certain what areas either.

I do know Ray does though, I just cannot remember his pricing off hand

Well she probably did not want to say anything since they are not offering it. They test everything - pretty thoroughly before offering it to the public, which I do like.

You should join the Monday night conferences. I started so that I could keep up with all their new services

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.