Hi, I have a new automotive website that I have created but I feel my forum is not helping out too much with traffic genration I need some tips on getting more vistors to actually register and post topics. I feel my topics may be a little too broad for starting out... any suggestions.

www.automotiveaddicts.com

forum is at: www.automotiveaddicts.com/forums

Thanks for any input... negative or positive input welcomed.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have had the same problem as you. The best advice that was given to me was to promote my board in other forums and communities by becoming a good contributing member of those forums. Post good posts that people want to read and you will soon build a small following that will grow by word of mouth.

It will take time. Won't happen overnight.

My tips: aside posting in similar projects and making people respect you and join your place, offer a constant input of new interesting topics each day. Use questions like "what's your favourite type of car?", "would you ride a convertible in winter?".. stuff like that. QUESTIONS that make people answer. Don't think some stuff is obvious. If you can make people talk even about that stuff you've got more posts and topics ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.