Ok this is the most unsoveable problem i have ever dealt with and the worst is i know it can be solved because someone has done it.

I want my users after succsefull payment to be redirected to my site where i will capture their details and give them a bus ticket.

the redirect works perfect if you are signed in as a paypal user, but when they click pay by debit or credit card the redirect does not work. Now i can deactive the option to allow only express payment but then it asks your username and password and forces you to sign in anyways.

I have redirect enabled, i have put a hidden field with my redirect url and all works fine but not for debit/credit card straight payments. so I read that paypal doesnt allow this but then i found this site and it works for these guys, how did they do it?

http://cop17.thompsonsafrica.travel/

if you just select a accomodation there it will take you to a page where you can actually select pay by debit/credit card. this will then take you to a page where theres a check box which you can deactive so you dont have to enter your username and password and you can just do a straight payment and BE REDIRECTED without being forced to sign up an account..

Please hope someone can help me

Regards

Jaco

Member Avatar for LastMitch

if you just select a accomodation there it will take you to a page where you can actually select pay by debit/credit card. this will then take you to a page where theres a check box which you can deactive so you dont have to enter your username and password and you can just do a straight payment and BE REDIRECTED without being forced to sign up an account..

The issue you are having is that you didn't integrated Paypal correctly. Once you are on the Paypal page it doesn't redirected. It only redirected the page once the customer click submit button, then it goes straight to the PayPal page.

Read this about integrated PayPal:

http://www.9lessons.info/2011/03/payment-system-with-paypal.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.