i hope this is the right place to ask this...if not apologies in advance.....

are my forum rules any good?

12 COMMANDMENTS OF THE FORUM
NUMBER ONE
Thou shall not spam without permission from the administrator

NUMBER TWO
All members must behave themselves in thy forums

NUMBER THREE
No style dissing in thou forum eg.bagging out thy goths and thy emos etc.

NUMBER FOUR
once you are banned from thou forum thy reason will be in thou "community notices:banned members" the reason will be outlined there too...If you wish to have thy account reinstated you must tell the administrator

NUMBER FIVE
no posting new topics/questions in somebodys thread...please make your own topic for this

NUMBER SIX
Thou shall not steal...images or reviews etc.

NUMBER SEVEN
dont ask stuid questions in the "ask a band member a question" forum eg."What is a guitar?"...questions must be related to the band member only

NUMBER EIGHT
please do not haggle or offer to buy rarities in the "rare merchandise" subjects...if you wish to ask to purchase please PM the user

NUMBER NINE
If you feel you have been banned/suspended in error please do not hesitate to tell the administrator and we can work something out

NUMBER TEN
if you dont like the rules....dont sign up

NUMBER ELEVEN
we are a friendly community.Lets keep it that way

NUMBER TWELVE
the administrator is "Callum Thomson" (frontman of the band) do not ask him non website/forum related questions...if this is not followed clearly then it will result in a 1 week ban of your account

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You mean one could spam there if the administrator is party to it?

That's a little difficult to decide.

:lol:

yeah if someone wants to spam or advertise their link they may-with permission from us

That sounds fair enough. But stopping people from copying things is gonna be hard.

Btw, you have a typo on your rule SEVEN "dont ask stuid questions in " (stupid instead of stuid).

Anyway, I don't like too much that rule. What constitutes a stupid question??? You can discourage members from posting questions if they feel that their questions might be viewed as "stupid".

You mean one could spam there if the administrator is party to it?

That's a little difficult to decide.

:lol:

Dang this post is old. The time I haven't have Internet. It would be better if the topic started could speak English.

To me, I would set less rules which affects main points. Of course, if your forum is getting popular, it's good to set many rules.

Start with the basics and then add rules as they become necessary as the community grows. Once you have a moderation team put together, ask for their input. It makes them feel good that they have a real say in how the site is run and aren't just the lackeys, and it helps you get input from all the people who really care about the community.

Also, check out the forum rules for all of your favorite forums (such as DaniWeb!) See if there are things that you like but just didn't think of yourself.

I loved it and i used these when setting up my forum with a bit of editing. Hope you dont mind.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.