Is web page loading speed really helps in google Ranking?. I did some experiments and found nothing sure that it helps in ranking.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

In my experience, there are two different things at play. The first is how much your ranking is directly affected by the pagespeed timings that Google collects, and, from what I can tell, unless your site is extraordinarily slow, it won't be very affected. However, Google also takes into consideration bounce rates and things like that, and I think your user experience is greatly affected by page speed.

For example, suppose someone clicks on your site from a Google search. Your site takes a bit too long to load for them, so they bounce back to the SERPS and check another site. Google really dislikes when your visitors do this because it shows Google that the visitor didn't get what they were looking for on your site and returned to the search results to look elsewhere. This affects your ranking for that keyword.

Yet Google did something completely different in 2010. Google has announced that the pace of the website will impact the search ranking. Now the pace of anyone accessing the content from a search result is a factor.

Unfortunately, speculation remained open to the exact definition of "site speed." The mystery further spread in June, when Matt Cutts of Google revealed that slow-run web pages would soon be penalized in the search rankings. Clearly Google is focusing more and more on the obvious: poor output of a website leads to poor user experience and websites with better user experiences need less advertising in the search results.

The simple answer is that page speed does affect SEO. Page speed is a direct ranking factor, a fact known even better since Google's Algorithm Speed Update. However, speed can also affect rankings indirectly, by increasing the bounce rate and reducing dwell time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.