The topic view on this site is really impressive. I was wondering, how do you do it? I use an IPB2.1.7 forum about Charity and want to do something similar where it looks like bubbles.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dani

I would have thought it was a mixture of css and javascript. I doubt they are actually images (especially the rounded corners). I am sure cscgal will tell you how to do it.

There are three ways to do this: with CSS and images, with JavaScript and CSS and images, or with the new version of CSS that isn't widely supported yet.

I go the CSS and images route, mostly because I was having a problem getting the JavaScript method to be as cross-browser compatible as I would have liked.

A google search for [search]rounded corners[/search] has a lot of tutorials that will help you.

or with the new version of CSS that isn't widely supported yet.

This looks very promising and I wish it was supported by all the browsers. Would help take a lot of code of a site like this that uses a lot of rounded corners.

There are three ways to do this: with CSS and images, with JavaScript and CSS and images, or with the new version of CSS that isn't widely supported yet.

I go the CSS and images route, mostly because I was having a problem getting the JavaScript method to be as cross-browser compatible as I would have liked.

A google search for [search]rounded corners[/search] has a lot of tutorials that will help you.

wow. thanks. ill try it out.

btw, that search bbcode is really cool. this is probably the most unique forum skin i have ever seen. i didn't even know it was vbulletin till i looked at the copyright. thats impressive.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.