Hi. I want to ask: is it possible with the website with 1000 unique visitors a day generate ad revenue 1500-2000$ a month?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

well that seem kinda odd.. becasue 1000 to 2000 hits isn't all that much these days.. you should try about 50k unique per day to make $1k

As with anything, it depends what your revenue model is. Do you plan on selling advertising? Monthly subscriptions? If you're selling a product or service, what is your conversion rate?

Since you're posting in the Advertising Sales Strategies forum, I assume that revenue is generated by selling advertising. Do you sell text links? Fixed-rate sponsorships? Are they exclusive? Banner impressions?

Through banner advertising, I suspect that 1,000 visitors a day should be able to pull off just shy of $100 a month. If you have a high quality audience and the ads are extremely targeted, perhaps as much as $200.

My plan is here:
I am going to run a web service for a gaming community. So i counted that every visitor will look 10 pages. So with 1000 unique visitors il have 10000 page views a day or 300000 a month. I am going to work primarily with CPM advertisers and want to put about 6 banners on each page. each banner will be from a different advertiser. So as i took 1$ CPM for a base level and counted that 300000 page views x 6 banners x 1$ CPM on for each banner will be 300x6x1$=1800$ . where was i mistaken ?

according to my experience no its not with just 1000 visitors even if they're all real too too hard depends on what you're trying to promote but stil its very hard to generate that much sales =D

10 pageviews per visitor is VERY generous. You will probably get that out of your regular members, but certainly not everyone who happens by your site. Also, six banner ads on a single page is too many. Remember, all of these banner ads are going to be competing against each other for a user's attention ... and the user is just going to want to participate in the forums and want it to be quick loading. I wouldn't do more than two banner ads - MAYBE three absolute tops, if they're very well placed.

theare are two ways to get more trafic one is SEO marketing next one is ADwords... bothe are earing to good result more search google.I try to buy traffic during rush hour. There is a lot more to choose from at this time of the day.

this plan is too ideal.
First you should have a brief understanding of the "values" per your traffic before you can monetize it correctly.
1000 unique visitors x 10pv x 30 days = 300,000 pv
which actually means there is "only" 1000 unique visotrs per day, will your visitors keep clicking the same banner again and again each day? Probably NO. So to the CPM advertiser would realize your traffic quality turning down after the peak (first week?) and for long term they would stop advertise on your site.

Most CPM deals (through network) is somehow associate to LEADS actually though they mentioned about impressions only, they actually paying a lot less than $1 CPM unless your traffic converted some leads (there you would gain some extra amount rewards from the leads delivered) ~ as CPX / globalinteractive...etc

If you dealing with advertiser directly, maybe you can get $1/cpm but I guess it only works while your sites are well-recognized / or at least the advertiser "trust" your site traffic gonna do him good! else they would just terminate the deal right awway.

I see no point to make such projection unless you are targeting to spend some $ for promoting your site and making P&L report~
else You should just work it out and optimize your site revenue model from time to time, project it with real data!

VERY Hard. I have about 5000-8000 / Month with 1 Website that makes about $100-$300 / Month. BUT, I make about 8 Different Websites, so I would be Happy if they ALL Make that. I've been going for Qty, not Quality.
As long as the websites pay for itself, I'm kinda Happy.

Indeed, 10 pagevists per user and you would have one of the best websites I have ever come across. 6 ads is just too much. I've had a website with over 2.500 members and let me tell you, once they get used to the sites layout, they will go ad-blind. Meaning they do not even pay half a second of theit time looking at your ads.

If you want maximum cliks then look at the google ads heatmap. Place the ads in the right spots on your website and you will not have to put that many ads.

ofcourse it's possible!
it all depends on your niche!

Hi,

Please give me few suggestions for increase Traffic to Product related website

Which strategies i will flow through Search engines

Please Send Me More Information about increase Traffic ( Per day 200-500)

Regards
Balu

As with anything, it depends what your revenue model is. Do you plan on selling advertising? Monthly subscriptions? If you're selling a product or service, what is your conversion rate?

Since you're posting in the Advertising Sales Strategies forum, I assume that revenue is generated by selling advertising. Do you sell text links? Fixed-rate sponsorships? Are they exclusive? Banner impressions?

Through banner advertising, I suspect that 1,000 visitors a day should be able to pull off just shy of $100 a month. If you have a high quality audience and the ads are extremely targeted, perhaps as much as $200.

If i want to earn $1000 every month, then how many unique customer are required approximately.. Tell me on the basis of your experience only...

I think visitor has not take matter, most important how much take earning business from your site.

Answer:- you generated over 5 millions impressions a month. To generate so much impressions, don’t you need at least 20,000-50,000 unique daily visitors on your site with 3-5 page views and 2-4 ad units.

it seems to be impossible unless you are lucky:) with $2k visitors the conversion rate could be 5 percent or more it all depends on luck and product you are promoting.

I would think it really depends on how you plan to monetize the site.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.