I run a website for my father on traditional country music and have wanted to check out myspace several times but MAN they are a little to adult for my taste. Every time I go there the ads are just ... Not child friendly to say the least. I would feel rather uneasy about refering people to myspace site with the ads displayed for fear of what may pop up. This is just my personal opinion....
The best and cheapest ways for improving your site traffic according to me are:
1. Use personal contacts to spread word of mouth.
2. Use conventional methods of advertising
3. Use blogging to spread word about ur site
4. Submit to as many free directories as possible...
5. Use tools like Bookmark Submittor Pro to submit to multiple Social Bookmarking sites at once.
first off, you need to increase the amount of links going into your site. At this moment we are giving advice and we don't even know what your site URL is.
You could have gotten a few visitors here (not that I am telling you to spam, but giving us a link would have actually been beneficial to answering your question).