Hey everyone,

I am new to the this forum and recently started my own. I am having a very hard time getting users and those that do get on, dont stay because there isnt much traffic.

Now I have seen a lot of people trying to prevent or block bots because they post and create users. I am thinking that might be a good idea for me, at least to start with so I could seem like I have a fair amount of usage.

Like I said all this is fairly new to me, so any advice will be appreciated. If I can use a bot what are the pros and cons.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What would your bot be posting? That is the question you have to ask yourself. After all, giving the impression of being busy os one thing, but if all the 'users' are creating useless content what is the point? Ultimately this will do you more harm than good. There is no escaping the hard graft approach, long hours seeding discussions yourself and involving the people that come into your forums...

Yep, I love the forum that have human touch!

I think it wouldnt be wise to use bot for your forum. You can always hire some people if you really dont have time for it..

Steve

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.