i recently read an article of how companies are using face book to hire people. it think even i will go with face book.

myspace is very easy user interface

I go for Facebook. Don't have a MySpace account. It started out because most of the trusted friends I have are into Facebook. But then, finding a possible colleague at FB is a great idea. Thanks to this thread!

Since my last post in this thread, I've created a Facebook account and I actually use it much more than LinkedIn now for business purposes. I've joined a couple of Internet marketing groups which use it to plan events here in NYC. It's also a great way to meet other people in the industry since a lot of my colleagues are my Facebook friends.

I'd be curious to see if Facebook rose in popularity this past year. Almost everyone my age who I know has one, and many people from work who are much older than me have joined in as well.

I never did open MySpace account. I probably only will if I have music samples or other audio I want to share. It just doesn't seem as interactive as Facebook is.

Facebook.

i much preferred OLD facebook to the new one.

I really like Myspace to network. Twitter is also a great site to network. It is all about building relationships!

facebook is the way to go ... i am not a fan of myspace - very dirty and unorganized site.

Yeah, I've also read that companies are starting to look out for prospective employees, by checking out their profile pages...but I'm not sure how they would get onto all the networks, I guess hire people to search within their networks?

I really like facebook, it keeps me connected to friends who are far away. I couldn't figure out the appeal of myspace though. For bands, I understand the promise, but it doesn't seem to offer me anything that facebook doesn't.

There are lot of new competitors with developing new features for their members, but myspace is the site which is best for the business marketing. Though now the youth and new companies has more trust on Facebook. But, myspace is as much powerful as facebook. I prefer myspace.

There are lot of new competitors with developing new features for their members, but myspace is the site which is best for the business marketing. Though now the youth and new companies has more trust on Facebook. But, myspace is as much powerful as facebook. I prefer myspace.

I can see how this is true for the music industry, or even another art industry...but for other business purposes -- how is it better than Facebook? What application(s) does it offer that Facebook doesn't (in terms of business benefit)?

I thought that Facebook was being checked the most, especially since you can pick up cues about the prospective employee that you may not see in the interview.

Facebook has become more popular for viral marketing and also for organizing groups, events, and meetups. I'm more politically involved now than I was before because of Facebook. And I have an easy way to plan events with friends and send out invites.

Business-wise, those networking capabilities are brilliant. You can form research-groups, student-networks, and even create group pages. I'm not sure if MySpace can do all that.

Facebook has become more popular for viral marketing and also for organizing groups, events, and meetups. I'm more politically involved now than I was before because of Facebook. And I have an easy way to plan events with friends and send out invites.

Yeah, and all of the viral social things too. Like this note about 25 random things about yourself...everyone who's tagged by a person who writes a note has to then write on and tag 25 more people. A lot of those games are pretty successful, not because of the peer pressure to join, but because it's too easy not to do it, and it's fun. (I still haven't written mine yet though.)

Facebook or MySpace?

my answer: or..

I used both myspce & facebook.. they're both suckz

i like face book better

because facebook like a panopticon?

I like Myspace because it is very differ from other.

I use both MySpace and Facebook. I use them mainly to promote music. For that, MySpace works better. The reason may be that I've been there three and half years (over 50,000 friends). A Facebook account I've had maybe a year and have only 300 friends, but maybe I'm just lazy :D

They both suck but Myspace is really bad.

Facebook will die someday and get replaced by a better social network...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.