What mistakes should we avoid while listing

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

I looked at Fecoms and it would be quite a new thing to sell on Amazon. Such services haven't done well and were removed after they didn't work out. Way too many complaints. Mostly PC support and repair. You might not remember such an offering but I do.

So as of today, I don't expect Fecoms to list their services on Amazon.

rproffitt, they aren't wanting to list their agency services in Amazon, obviously. They are looking for a discussion with other digital marketers as to best serve their clients.

commented: I agree. OP needs to add detail to their question. Since they didn't list any products I took a moment to check out their tagline link. +16

I don't think the product makes a difference, and it would actually be against our community guidelines if they were to link to their Amazon products / ecommerce store.

I really wish I could provide added value to this discussion, but unfortunately I don't have any personal experience listing on Amazon.

I do wish you the best of luck though!

Let's ask ChatGPT. It wrote:
"There are several ways you can improve the ranking of your Amazon product listing:

1. Optimize your product titles and descriptions: Make sure your titles and descriptions are clear, concise, and relevant to the product. Use keywords that customers are likely to search for, and include important details about the product, such as size, color, and material.
  2. Use high-quality product images: Customers want to see what they're buying, so make sure you use clear, high-resolution images that show off your product from multiple angles.
  3. Offer competitive pricing: Customers are more likely to purchase a product that is reasonably priced, especially if it's well-reviewed.
  4. Encourage customer reviews: Product reviews can help increase the visibility and credibility of your product. Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews by offering incentives or sending follow-up emails.
  5. Utilize Amazon's advertising tools: Amazon offers several advertising options that can help increase the visibility of your product, such as Sponsored Products, Amazon Marketing Services, and Amazon Advertising.
  6. Use Amazon's fulfillment services: If you use Amazon's fulfillment services, such as Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), your products may be eligible for Prime two-day shipping, which can increase their chances of being purchased.
  7. Keep your product in stock: Customers are more likely to purchase a product that is in stock, so make sure you have a reliable inventory management system in place.

By following these tips, you can improve the ranking of your Amazon product listing and increase your chances of making a sale."

That's the problem with ChatGPT. It just regurgitates information that already exists on the web. Sure, it's really good at article spinning, but it's still spun, unoriginal, content.

I read both Amazon's advice and then ChatGPT. I don't see a problem but there's the problem that Google doesn't like it. It made a good answer and my take is that it will be great for folk that can't wait around for someone to write an original answer just for them.

Again, it's only a matter of time that someone will lash up ChatGPT to a forum along with voting like Reddit so a bad answer is pushed down the stack. Said innovator is going to get a lot of hate but it's going to happen.

For Daniweb, I'm guessing here you don't want such answers, no matter how good they are.

As pointed out in a different thread, the problem is that ChatGPT produces content that seemingly is high quality, well-written, and authoritative. But the problem is that it's often wrong or misleading, especially in more technical topics. It's a huge issue as if there wasn't already enough misinformation thrown around the www already. Now we have bots creating content that comes off to those not in the know as super authoritative.

For example, this response seems perfectly sensible just by reading it. But it says, "Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews by offering incentive." Amazon, meanwhile, has a zero-tolerance policy against incentivized reviews and is not afraid to take legal action against the seller. Amazon is very strict with this, since most of their sales are based on consumers trusting Amazon reviews, so it's something that most Amazon sellers are aware of, because Amazon goes the extra mile to make sure they're aware of it. So yet another example of ChatGPT spewing misinformation yet wording it so authoritatively that those not in the know wouldn't even think to question it.

As a follow up, a quick Google search actually says that incentivized reviews are a violation of the FTC act and, if prosecuted, can be subject to hefty legal penalties.

I just feel as if it were an actual human writing and sounding so authoritatively, they would most likely be someone with actual experience in the industry, and would have naturally qualified their statement. For example, something such as, "You can incentivize reviews at your own peril, but just a heads up that it can land you in trouble, so blah blah blah ..." ChatGPT writing obviously lacks that human element, which is scary for the web of the future.

That might be the FTC law, but Amazon’s terms (which sellers are legally contractually bound to) are much stricter.

commented: Amazon's terms are about as binding as a wet paper bag. I've lost count of fake reviews, etc. +16

Thank you so much @dani,@rproffitt for taking part in the discussion. We are an internationally acclaimed organization, providing eCommerce services to our customers all over the globe. Here I want to know the experts opinion on this topic.

You need to do a detailed analysis, I think, because it is difficult to do something without analyzing it. So this is the best way to understand how to improve the amazon list.

Improving the ranking of your Amazon product listing could be a tough job if not performed accordingly. However, some useful strategies can help you improve your product's visibility, and eventually, you can increase your sales. These strategies will make it easier for customers to find your product on Amazon.

1. Research and use relevant keywords for your product.
  2. Create a detailed and informative product description.
  3. Make sure to provide high-quality images of your product.
  4. Maintain a competitive price and ensure your product is in stock.
  5. Positive reviews of your product can help improve your product's ranking and increase its visibility.

Avoid these mistakes that may harm your product’s reviews.

1. Duplicate Content
  2. Avoid providing poor-quality images or not providing any images.
  3. Ignoring Amazon's Guidelines
  4. Providing incorrect information
  5. Avoid setting prices higher than the market rate.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.