Hello everyone,

I am in the process of developing a crossword puzzle website at

I want to start adding Flash crossword puzzles to the site. However, I am no Flash developer. Is there any software available that would allow me to easily create Flash Crossword Puzzles for my site without having to use the Adobe Flash program.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of developing a crossword puzzle website at

I want to start adding Flash crossword puzzles to the site. However, I am no Flash developer. Is there any software available that would allow me to easily create Flash Crossword Puzzles for my site without having to use the Adobe Flash program.

Thanks

If you are asking whether there are any programs out there that will allow you to create a crossword puzzle and export it as a flash file...Then I'm afraid I can't help you... I don't know of any software that does this..

But if you want to have a go at creating the flash content yourself without having to spend shedloads of cash purchasing Adobe Flash, then you could try downloading FlashDevelop from flashdevelop.org (http://www.flashdevelop.org) and the Flex3 SDK (a free download from the Adobe website).

FlashDevelop is a free, open source IDE for the windows .NET platform which allows you to create Flash content for free...All you do is download and install the latest version from flashdevelop.org, then download the Flex3 SDK from adobe. Set Flashdevelop up to point to the Flex3 SDK and away you go! You can then develop your flash content in code using Actionscript 3.

Flashdevelop is only available for windows/PC at the moment (I think!), but there is also the Eclipse IDE (eclipse.org), which I believe is also available for mac. So if you're a mac user, Eclipse and the Flex3 SDK is probably the way to go....I've never tried using Eclipse though, so I don't know much about it. But Flashdevelop is a great program and packed with features!

On the AS3 coding side of things, if you've got any experience with any object oriented programming languages (C++, C#, Java or even Javascript) then you'll be able to pick up AS3 in no time...And in any case there are tons of tutorials online!

I've been meaning to do some more flash stuff recently, so I may have a go at a flash based crossword puzzle myself... If I manage to get something together I'll let you know!

NOTE TO ADMINS: Nothing in this message is advertising/spam..I'm nothing to do with flashdevelop.org, but I do use and highly rate their software...The URLS I've listed on the page link to sites relevant to the post...PLS don't snip 'em! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.