Hello all,

I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I am working on a site that was developed by another person a few years ago. My boss asked me to make it so that I can update the information at the bottom of the pages (its the same for every page) all at once. She swears she was told it could be done, and I do believe her but here is the deal...

We have our shopping cart that was made to update that way, but the shopping cart pages are all asp. As far as I know, updating all pages from one single page requires asp.

The other pages of the site (home, about us, etc) are all html pages. Those are what she wants "linked" I guess you could call it. The information at the bottom of the page is inside a div and is all hand typed.

Is there anyway I can make one single page update the others in html? I tried making the information its own html page (Footer.html) and place it in the stylesheet as a background image for the div (#Footer). No luck.

This is the site if you would like to see what I mean. The information is at the bottom with our hours, directions etc.

www.jubilibeadsandyarns.com

Thanks for your help in advance!
Gab

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

<iframe frameborder='0' src='footer.html' width='100%' height='height of footer in px'>footer</iframe>
<?php include('footer.html'') ?>
<!--#include file="footer.html" -->
<!--#include virtual="footer.html" -->
<object data="footer.html" type="text/html" width="100%" height='height of footer in px'> 
alt : <a href="data/test.html">test.html</a> 
</object>

That would probably go best with ssi. But you may also want to try using AJAX to update portion of your page, and display needed information in a single <div> .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.