Hi all...

I just have a simple question. How do I restrict a user from resizing the div's beyond certain size? For me CSS rule "max-width" doesn't seem to work. Please help... Thanks!!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

make sure that you use em or px for the width, and not %, unless your div is in a container?

Do NOT use px. That makes the page incompatible with different screen resolutions.

How can a user resize a div? That is determined by the browser, not the user.

How can a user resize a div? That is determined by the browser, not the user.

Thanks for replying.

I'm sorry if I was not clear when I said user resizing div. Here i was referring to the zoom-in and zoom-out functionality. When an user zooms in I want the zooming to stop at certain stage and not zoom-in or out beyond a given size. Is this achievable?

No, because that belongs to the user, not to you.

You also have no control over the screen resolution or the size of the browser window the user opens. A low resolution monitor will display your image much larger on the screen than a high res one will.

Realize that if you could prevent resizing, you make the page not accessible. I know people who resize because they have vision problems.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.