Hi,
My computer's resolution is 1280x768 but I want to make sites for computers having 1024x768. I cannot change my display resolution as I am having a wide screen laptop and If I force the os then everything thing looks stretched.

I would like to know if there is a tool or some logic I can use to make sites for the said resolution I hate to keep on zooming in firefox for all the sites I make and even surf.

Cheers,
Vishal Khialani

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by stevenpetersen

Vishal,
Do you use the Web Developer Toolbar addon for firefox? it has a nice "resize" option to preview smaller screen sizes

Vishal,
Do you use the Web Developer Toolbar addon for firefox? it has a nice "resize" option to preview smaller screen sizes

Hi,
I know off it but never really used it.

For example this site ( daniweb.com ) is made for the 1024x768 resolution screen so when I surf and develop for a site like this I can't read the text very easily and I need to keep on zooming and everything has a pixel effect to it. Hence I can't really judge wether the site is having a good user experience or not.

I am searching for a tool which will help me share the same user experience of a person who will be surfing on a 1024 screen on my display if that's at all possible.

Cheers,
Vishal Khialani

do not full screen the layout software
drag the edges of the window to a 1024*762 size
design in the window

or better ::
Use current W3C recommended best practice:
design the screen layout in ems and % and it will not matter what screen resolution or browser window size
it will lok the same in everything from blackberry to 8 foot projection monitor

do not full screen the layout software
drag the edges of the window to a 1024*762 size
design in the window

or better ::
Use current W3C recommended best practice:
design the screen layout in ems and % and it will not matter what screen resolution or browser window size
it will lok the same in everything from blackberry to 8 foot projection monitor

Yes , this is wht I was looking for a simple and easy to implement solution thanks

i have the newest browser and i found something today that might help. Click tools, the Developer Tools then tools and resize.... I hope that works.

i have the newest browser and i found something today that might help. Click tools, the Developer Tools then tools and resize.... I hope that works.

Hi,
Which browser are you using ? and are you speaking of the extension for firefox called web developer.

Cheers,
Vishal

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.