OK, I've got dreamweaver and fireworks and will probably get flash
later. I use photoshop and illustrator and I need to import stuff from photoshop into dreamweaver. Do I have the right software? What will make the photographs of my work look best on my web site.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Lacuna

I think you're posting in the wrong section.

And dreamweaver is an html editor so you 'import' images just like you would add an image to an html page.

~ Lacuna

I think you're posting in the wrong section.

And dreamweaver is an html editor so you 'import' images just like you would add an image to an html page.

~ Lacuna

Pardon me for not knowing geek speak, I am just an artist trying to figure out this web site stuff. Besides, I have posted in another forum and got a pretty decent response.

I'm sorry if that sounded abrupt or smth, but I was just answering your question.

You asked:
Do I have the right software?

And I let you know you dont need special software to put images into your dreamweaver project.

As far as:
What will make the photographs of my work look best on my web site.

A crisp clean layout (html or flash) for your images to be inserted into is very important. And I dont know if you want to do any digital editing to your photographs, but if you do, photoshop has some excellent filters.

~ Lacuna

(As far as 'geek speak'... well you ARE posting on a 'geek' forum concerning 'geek' programs so you'll probably have to pick up a little 'geek lingo' :cheesy: )

I'm sorry if that sounded abrupt or smth, but I was just answering your question.

You asked:
Do I have the right software?

And I let you know you dont need special software to put images into your dreamweaver project.

As far as:
What will make the photographs of my work look best on my web site.

A crisp clean layout (html or flash) for your images to be inserted into is very important. And I dont know if you want to do any digital editing to your photographs, but if you do, photoshop has some excellent filters.

~ Lacuna

(As far as 'geek speak'... well you ARE posting on a 'geek' forum concerning 'geek' programs so you'll probably have to pick up a little 'geek lingo' :cheesy: )

Sorry for the abrupt response, I guess I do need to learn some of the 'geek lingo', huh? So photoshop can make a scanned image or a digital image look great before they are input into dreamweaver.

I think the main problem will be getting a large enough jpeg to look decent in dreamweaver.

Thanks

Once you've edited and saved an image in photoshop it won't loose any quality bringing it into dreamweaver, so don't worry about that. I do recommend when you resize your images in photoshop to resize manually while holding the shift key instead of doing the automatic image resize. I find the quality stays crisper.

If you have further questions about this or other program questions, feel free to post and I'll answer as soon as I get a chance.

~ Lacuna

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.