OK, I've got dreamweaver and fireworks and will probably get flash
later. I use photoshop and illustrator and I need to import stuff from photoshop into dreamweaver. Do I have the right software? What will make the photographs of my work look best on my web site.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

HI

you certainly have the right software, as i am sure u are aware Dreamweaver is one of the leading web development programs available, Fireworks is a good graphics program, however as you are looking to use Photo's on ur site, Adobe Photoshop is the right choice as it has the greater control and tools to maximise the quality, i am not sure of its optimising tools for the web tho i hear that its has improved tho. Fireworks is a great program to optimise the graphics and photos ready for the web with the 4 up technique where you can see the sizeof the file through the different formats

hope that was of some help to you

HI

you certainly have the right software, as i am sure u are aware Dreamweaver is one of the leading web development programs available, Fireworks is a good graphics program, however as you are looking to use Photo's on ur site, Adobe Photoshop is the right choice as it has the greater control and tools to maximise the quality, i am not sure of its optimising tools for the web tho i hear that its has improved tho. Fireworks is a great program to optimise the graphics and photos ready for the web with the 4 up technique where you can see the sizeof the file through the different formats

Thanks for the advice Studio.

HI

I think what you are saying is that I don't need both Fireworks and Photoshop to put graphics and photos on my site. Just one of them would be sufficient.

Well i would keep both if u have them simply because they offer different features that are useful, but if u want just the one which i think thats what u are getting at i would keep Photoshop simply because it is geared more towards photos and has some web add ons, Fireworks is better for creating ur own graphics and web stuf.

Well i would keep both if u have them simply because they offer different features that are useful, but if u want just the one which i think thats what u are getting at i would keep Photoshop simply because it is geared more towards photos and has some web add ons, Fireworks is better for creating ur own graphics and web stuf.

I was asking more from a necessity standpoint (I heard you have to have Fireworks to be able to import ANY graphics or photos into Dreamweaver). But, it sounds like from what you've told me is that is not the case. I will probabaly keep Photoshop.

Thanks

Hi im currently designing a website. I started designing the background in Adobe Photoshop but im curious what i export the background i designed in photoshop as (jpg,gif, html) in order for it to show up in dreamweaver. Every time i try to open it up in Dreamweaver all that comes up is a picture filled with grey with a small icon od a ripped piece of paper in the center. Can someone help me?

Hi

If you are designing a webpage with a background i would probably suggest saving it as a HTML page as it it will be quicker to load than importing an image into a page especially if the background is large in the Jpeg format although it will work in an image format. As for your problem with the ripped piece of paper in the middle, all i can think of is that Dreamweaver doesnt like the format of the thing that you are importing tho i could be wrong. i would try saving it another format like Jpeg or even a HTML page and that should sort it.

You can use the jpeg format in dreamweaver, save image in jpg format and import it

Depends on what exactly you're making in Photoshop to put in Dreamweaver. If you're designing the actual layout to code into Dreamweaver, then you need to slice it in Photoshop first. There are a ton of tutorials for that.

If you're just wanting to put an image into a template you've already designed in Dreamweaver, then it can just be in .jpg, .gif, .png, etc. Just make sure you put the image in the right folder and upload it to the right place.

I hope that helped you some. I'm not sure what I just typed, as I am really tired, lol.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.