Hello to all;

For my web site I have created a background image. Now I want to place about six interactive buttons in a vertical row (left side) over my background image. What is the best way to do this so that my buttons appear in the same location over my background image on any monitor?

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks.

The only way you're going to have the buttons in the exact same location relative to the background on "any monitor" is with absolute positioning.

If you follow the link above, it leads through a tutorial on CSS and Absolute Positioning that may help you out. Essentially, by using absolute positioning you ensure that the image and the buttons are at the exact same position determined by pixel values from the upper left corner of the screen every time they're loaded.

Another possibility is to use relative positioning of the buttons in relation to the background (in the event that the background is variable in position) but this gets a bit more tricky :) A tutorial for that can also be found at http://www.w3schools.com

Hope that helps :) Please remember to mark the thread solved once your issue is resolved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.