Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by minimogul

If you pay someone to do it you could write up a contract that ensures copyright stays with yourself, there are people who will be happy to do that for a one-off fee.

If you do it yourself and post it, there might be people who'll tell you whether it's crap or not, and give you advice on improving it.

Edited by TheAlex: n/a

Votes + Comments
Honest down to the point and easy to understand thanks.

Thanks for your reply it was the exact answer I needed everything I needed to know.

In all reality, if you pay a designer to "paint" your logo for you from a sketch, the copyright is still yours, however, they can, and likely will, take credit for the coloring, and any other work outside of your sketch. I know that I personally would take credit for doing the color design, while being sure to give the 'line art' or original sketch credit to the respective artist.

Votes + Comments
Great insight.

Thank you for answering my question it I didn't know that part. I have since finished my logo and will submit a new trend on vector and would appreciate your insight. Thanks again.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.