Hii All -

I am trying to create some screen captures of some sites I've designed, but am finding that the simple ALT-PRNT SCREEN just does not do it... text is really messy looking, etc. I wondered what others are doing to get that at least better looking picture of a homepage?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

there are a couple of ways. The ALT Print screen is ok but you need a something like photoshop to up the resolution. Again it also depends on how you save it (png, bmp, jpg, gif etc). Also what resolution is the screen you are capturing on?

Another way is to copy the html source in the browser (or write code to do this for you). I tend to do this if i am sending it to someone rather than a screenshot. It all depends on what you are trying to show (i often send an html email or similar to a client, especially when the site in question isnt live and not possible to send a link).

I forgot to mention, if you are interested in emailing a web page to someone i wrote a quick c# tutorial on it in the tutorial section here. If you are not a C# or asp.net programmer pm me and i will explain the basics and work out what you need to do.

I forgot to mention, if you are interested in emailing a web page to someone i wrote a quick c# tutorial on it in the tutorial section here. If you are not a C# or asp.net programmer pm me and i will explain the basics and work out what you need to do.

f1 fan - Thank you so much! :) I appreciate all of your comments. Photoshop is a great way and I have been trying that. It is working out fine now - especially since I can crop out the browser edges! :)

I would be totally interested in your script if it's ok with you - I am very C+, ASP illeterate though! :(

Thanks so much again!

What are you using for your webpages? Dreamweaver? I use asp.net2 but i am sure i can make it work in other languages if you tell me. However i am also working on a feature on one of my sites that will allow you to email yourself (and forward for now but later will add the ability for you to copy others) any webpage. It only takes me a few lines of code. So maybe i will get it going in the next day or so and send you the link :)

If you use photoshop, up your resolution once you capture the image. A good screen resolution is 92 dpi. For print i go to 300dpi.

Hii All -

I am trying to create some screen captures of some sites I've designed, but am finding that the simple ALT-PRNT SCREEN just does not do it... text is really messy looking, etc. I wondered what others are doing to get that at least better looking picture of a homepage?

Thanks!

well, it seems that you need a screen capture software to solve your problem such as ACA capture PRO, snagIT....
as far as i am concerned, ACA capture PRO is your better choice..
it is a multi-function screen-capture program..it can capture both images and videos...

click here for more details about the features of ACA capture PRO

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

use ACDSee or PhotoShop

You should just get something like Photoshop or a slightly more budget friendly option like Paint Shop Pro or even GIMP. These will all get the right result for your website and is far simpler than getting into code.

Oh,have you found any good solution?
if not i would suggest you to try Aca Capture Pro,it can save a entire webpage into a image.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.