What are the key and unique benefits of HTML5 over other versions. how ahs it affected some third-party plugins. Which websites have started using HTML5 and CSS3. how are they using it.

What is offline web feature and how to use it?

Your help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Techy.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

The best feature of HTML 5 that makes it different from other versions is that we do not need to install any plugin for execution of the websites, all famous browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozila Firefox, Safari, Chrome and others provides support for HTML 5 platform developed sites.
The tags in HTML 5 are nearly same as in earlier versions but this platform provides better functionality and graphics for development.

Benefits: apparently not many,
no current browser implements html5 completely. http://html5test.com/results/desktop.html
like css3 its currently 'do it and hope it works'
6-12 months to release browser upgrades, and 3-4 years for current windows users to upgrade to newer versions with html5 when the hardware dies

Many agencies use it, I guess far too many clients want a flashy looking website without knowing nothing about portability and cross browser compatibility. As far as I am concerned it is good for round corners, but again, as it has been pointed out already not every browser supports that

According to me, it is best used in mobile apps and attractive website. It once the bugs are worked out is using native code, not an add-on. It has a large advantage.

just look up "new in HTML 5", that'll land you an extensive list of possibilities that you couldn't dream of before, unless you were also using flash, ...

I found these 5 thinks are the most advantage of using HTML5.

Legacy/cross browser support
Game development
Better interactions
Smarter storage
Video and audio support

Basically HTML5 has it’s many new syntactical features, which include the <video>, <audio>, and <canvas> elements, as well as the integration of SVG content. Due to these new elements, it will be very easy to integrate multimedia and graphical content to web without using flash and third party plugins.

Benfits of using HTML5:-
-Improved code
-Improved semantics
-Game Develpoment
-Improved Accessiliblity
-Consistency
-Client side database
-Support to web application
-Support to audio and video

Hello....
Here are some benefites of using HTML5:-

1)The new HTML 5 video element makes it just as easy to embed video elements on a web page.
2)The new canvas element provides developers with a very powerful and very simple way to using pure Javascript to draw diagrams, graphics and dynamic animations on a web page.
3)HTML 5 provides a new SQL-based database API that can be used for storing data locally, that is client side.
4)An offline application HTTP cache that can be used to make sure applications are available even when the user is disconnected from their network.

Thnx...:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.