Hi,
I am a newbie website developer. I can develop html template which can be of cost. I want to know more about premium html template development. I saw in themeforest, premium html template has options to customize. But how is it possible, though there is no CMS? How to add customizable options to a premium html tempate? Is it done by editing html, css files?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

How about creating a backend for your template? Where the "buyer" can choose and customize his images, background pictures etc. :)

I just want to know in general. :)

It can be background image or logo or change the sliding image options. I know these can be change from css or js files. Actually I want to know what are the differences between free and premium html template? Any details explanation is higly appreciated.:)

Supposedly, a premium html template is a professionally designed template that is bursting with features, whereas free ones are no where near the standard.

You can modify them to look different, ie themes or colours for instance, or as @karlcunanan said, a backend setup? Or maybe even improving a theme?

Supposedly, a premium html template is a professionally designed template that is bursting with features, whereas free ones are no where near the standard.

Hi mattster,
I want to know how these features can be implemented? Because I know user friendly freatures can be added if template is installed into a CMS. All clients don't know programming languages. I guess there are some block of codes where clients can just change the values. Am I on the right track?

As in you want to know how to customise the theme?

Any features/customisations are downloaded, ie a template has a light or dark option, so it will have a light.css and a dark.css, all you have to do is chang a few bits of code.

Most of the people that really use html templates are coders and designers, so they expect you to be able to code if you want to modify anything.

;)

Thanks matt! your idea helps me a lot. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.