Hi there,

I've been trying to add a Mailchimp sign up form into the sidebar / widget area of my Wordpress.org website. It works to an extent, but it doesn't validate on the same page. If you enter an email address in bad formatting it takes you to Mailchimps hosted page to try again. I want to get it to check the validity of the email on my page and flag up an little error message / circle the input field in red if there's an issue. How would I do this?

Here is my code. Any help would be great.

<!-- Begin MailChimp Signup Form -->
<div id="mc_embed_signup">
<form action="http://rjthompsonmusic.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=86729b354d1a75a35e8fd9771&amp;id=bd9f282fc3" method="post" id="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" name="mc-embedded-subscribe-form" class="validate" target="_blank" novalidate>
    <input type="email" style="width: 100%;" value="" name="EMAIL" class="email" id="mce-EMAIL" placeholder="Enter Your Email Address" required>
    <div>[button link="#" size="medium"]<input type="submit" value="Sign Up" name="sign up" id="mc-embedded-subscribe" >[/button]</div>
</form>
</div>

<!--End mc_embed_signup-->

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't see any, it is just html. Unless you have some separate JS in another file that was designed to validate this form, I don't see it doing it. You could always build your own form and validation to submit to Mailchimp. You should be able to find some tutorials on it.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.