Hi guys, I can really use some advice about becoming a web designer. At the moment I'm currently sharpening my skills.
What I would like to know is how a typical Web Designer works over a day and a project.
I'm assuming after you received the initial design, during the development stage:
- You visualise the initial design, by creating the html frame, is this hand coded or done in WYSIWYG editor?
- Then, create/optimise graphics in Photoshop.
- Layout the objects with CSS, again, is it hand coded or done by WYSIWYG editor?
- Then code the front end functionality through JS.
- Design and code the database through MySQl.
- Add backend functionality.
Any advice would be grateful, best practices, time management - basically, how likely its done in the real world. Any books and links would also be cool.