Hello--
I am not sure if I am asking this in the right place or it can be answered. I have tried to search the Internet and can not find an answer. I have a few small short stories that are in *.mp3 format, but I would like to be able to listen to them with my Audible.com software. I understand that Audible.com uses the following formats *.aa, *.aax, and *.aax+, and I would have to do a conversion. I have not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone please point me in the correct direction on how to do this?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What is the machine/os you are running audible on? VLC runs on all of them (most likely) and can deal with mp3 files without problems, as can many other audio players. Do you HAVE to use audible?

Note that as I understand it, ffmpeg 2.8.1 and later is capable of streaming .aa and .aax files, as well as converting them I would assume. The Audible player only plays audible files, though producers of media can have them available in a non-DRM manner. This may help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audible.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.