Made an experiment:
1. connected SONY camera's composite out to computer audio line-in
2. recorded incoming audio/video signal as sound using SoundForge program (stereo recording - one recorded audio (can clearly hear it), the other channel is video (hear as noise)); saved as WAV file
3. copied WAV file onto MP4 player
4. used composite audio/video cable (came with SONY camera), connected it to stereo audio output of MP4 player - connected it to TV

Results:
- heard audio signal (nothing special)
- picture on TV was just some noise (experiment failed)

-------

What went wrong here? How come picture didn't show?
How can it be made work?

---------------------------

Idea for this interesting little experiment came to me when I thought about if it is possible to make a program for Pocket PCs (Smartphone) which don't have TV out to emulate audio/video signal using Pocket PCs earphone terminal.

Can such program be made?

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by bournep

...What? This issue is not interesting for you?

Made an experiment:
1. connected SONY camera's composite out to computer audio line-in
2. recorded incoming audio/video signal as sound using SoundForge program (stereo recording - one recorded audio (can clearly hear it), the other channel is video (hear as noise)); saved as WAV file
3. copied WAV file onto MP4 player
4. used composite audio/video cable (came with SONY camera), connected it to stereo audio output of MP4 player - connected it to TV

Results:
- heard audio signal (nothing special)
- picture on TV was just some noise (experiment failed)

-------

What went wrong here? How come picture didn't show?
How can it be made work?

---------------------------

Idea for this interesting little experiment came to me when I thought about if it is possible to make a program for Pocket PCs (Smartphone) which don't have TV out to emulate audio/video signal using Pocket PCs earphone terminal.

Can such program be made?

I need something like this but from a Scope I can see the video wave Form so how do I convert this to AVI the output is has only X And Y values

I admire your curiosity and experimentation! However, the video signal has a much higher bandwidth than audio. Most domestic sound cards will record audio up to about 20 kHz - this is limited by the sample rate, which is normally 44.1 kHz. The sound card will filter off anything above 20 kHz to prevent aliasing. In contrast a standard definition composite video signal has a bandwidth of about 5.5 MHz. Crucially the synchronisation pulses that the TV needs to display the picture have a duration of just 4.7 micro seconds so with such a low sampling rate on the sound card, these are essentially removed. Similarly the output from a phone can only go up to about 20 kHz so cannot generate a video signal - sorry!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.