Hi there can anyone out there help me I downloaded ringtones for my phone on my computer and I think a virus has got in and currupted my laptop it just keeps freezing when i try to run any programmes virus scan will not run properly this also freezes, I have tried to do a full re-install but it will not let me access the re-install facility via
alt+f10, system restore still does not sort out the problem I do not have the factory installation disks to do a clean installation my laptop is an ACER ASPIRE 5920G RUNNING ON VISTA HOME PREMIUM. Was wondering wether to buy vista home premium and use the product code from the base of the laptop then this may enable me to access the proper installation files on the d drive which came with the laptop anyone got any thoughts on this as I am pulling my hair out, I have managed to copy important files and photos to a usb storage device nad scanned for viruses which has shown clear, even tried in safe mode to run virus scan to no avail.Bill

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello,

I am no virus expert so all I can suggest is to post this under the viruses, spyware and other nasties area; it may get more appropriate attention.

I could suggest getting a hold of a bootable CD/DVD that can remove the viruses; for example ubcd4win.

Hello,

I am no virus expert so all I can suggest is to post this under the viruses, spyware and other nasties area; it may get more appropriate attention.

I could suggest getting a hold of a bootable CD/DVD that can remove the viruses; for example ubcd4win.

thanks for the reply only just got laptop up and running again after complete crash lost everything and awaiting ubcd version 2011 to partition drive, gave to local computer shop and he could not sort out he even deleteted backup on partition drive,and said that hard drive was kaput so no way to reinstall from backup drive and no installation disks, got hold of genuine recovery discs but when I tried to recover got through first disc language selection etc, then was prompted to insert second disc of three to continue when it came up with error message recovery failed error code 0xa000000e press ctrl alt delete to restart. but managed to install vista home basic from backup of another laptop,ran acer recovery discs again and still keeps coming up with same error code message every time can anyone help. Bill

Hello,

You can download a version of Linux to partition your drive; here. You can use it to delete the partitions. Then once you have deleted the partitions on the disk try the installation again.

- Let us know how it goes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.