Hello,

Recently i bought enclosure for my hard drive mobile samsung,Before i use this as my internal hard drive for my laptop but because for the circumstances my hard drive crash and then i tried to reformat and install a new copies of windows 7 but suddently it will not continue to install the window 7,so i decided to buy a new hard drive for my laptop.so the old hard drive samsung 320 spinpoint i put it on the enclosure so that i can save all my files.but it has an error copying "delayed in read and write etc.."...and it will copy to slow,sometimes it will not continue copying...is this possible to be fix the bad sectors?...how can i fix this external hard drive.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Recently i bought enclosure for my hard drive mobile samsung,Before i use this as my internal hard drive for my laptop but because for the circumstances my hard drive crash and then i tried to reformat and install a new copies of windows 7 but suddently it will not continue to install the window 7,so i decided to buy a new hard drive for my laptop.so the old hard drive samsung 320 spinpoint i put it on the enclosure so that i can save all my files.but it has an error copying "delayed in read and write etc.."...and it will copy to slow,sometimes it will not continue copying...is this possible to be fix the bad sectors?...how can i fix this external hard drive.

Thank you in advance.

Format the HDD, and you'll be good to go I guess :)
If you're not willing to format, you can always try the 'Repair'-option you have on w7. Don't know how it's called exactly, but each time you plug the HDD in, and the system sees there is something wrong, it will ask if you want to check/repair the disk.
You'll be able to do so trough the Propreties as well (rigth click on the HDD).

Kind regards,

If you're not willing to format, you can always try the 'Repair'-option you have on w7. Don't know how it's called exactly, but each time you plug the HDD in, and the system sees there is something wrong, it will ask if you want to check/repair the disk.

Kind regards,

yes i already format it but still it has an error...and when it copy it is very so slow somethimes it says windows dilay in writing.

yes i already format it but still it has an error...and when it copy it is very so slow somethimes it says windows dilay in writing.

That's strange, in that case it's probably a hardware-related problem I think.. If you still have warranty, maybe return it to the store?

Kind reagds,

That's strange, in that case it's probably a hardware-related problem I think.. If you still have warranty, maybe return it to the store?

Kind reagds,

Hi,

Nope, i have no more warranty it's almost 3 years...can this possible to be fixed or no hope?

Best Regards,

Kind regards,

Hi can i ask somthing,

Are you familiar with the spinrite?thus this will help me to repair the bad sector?,and if it does how to use this?

Thank you in advance

To check and mark bad sectors use the command <chkdsk /f X:>

where 'X" is the logical letter of HD.

To check and mark bad sectors use the command <chkdsk /f X:>

where 'X" is the logical letter of HD.

Hi,

I already do that but it will not continue to phase 5....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.