LaughingOtter 0 Newbie Poster

Hello again!
So, what I have so far is a partial app that accepts a username/password, does two-way server work to determine legitimacy, then if successful, slurps in an XML file that has all the data the app itself will need.

One of the most important XML variables determines which tabs are available to the user. If the login is successful, these tabs will be arranged in order of being read on a ListView.

Now, what I wonder is whether it's possible to dynamically create a View for each one of these tabs as they are read in. So, a tab is read from the array and is a code P, which is Personal Info, and is present for everyone using the app. A View is dynamically generated and filled out (we've already slurped in the XML file with all the data the app will need), and then a Personal Info tab is appended to a ListView.

This View would be created dynamically because all the data it would be possible to list in the View may not be present in the XML (i.e.: fax number, cell number), so the constructor would skip listing blank things and thusly optimize the View.

Is this the sort of thing you would use ViewGroup for?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of info about dynamic view construction on the Web. Either that or I'm looking in the wrong place, which is equally likely.

I appreciate any help I could get with this. Still haven't cleared the top of the learning curve yet, but the slope is becoming a lot less steep now.

Thanks very muchly!
Steve