Hi all, this is my first post and I have just built my first computer (but please treat me like a beginner as building a PC isnt really that hard, and I'm far from fluent in computer).

The reason I think there is a problem with my hard-drives is that they are not recognised in the BIOS (though my SATA DVD drive is recognised. I tried plugging the DVD cables into both HD's with no luck, so its not a problem with them). When i put Vista into the PC it asks me for the drive to install to, but none come up, i've tried refreshing, but nothing. I even tried attaching an external I have (but of course u cant install vista onto an external), though the external did come up as an option.

I have tried every possible combination of SATA cables, ports and power cables with no luck, so im pretty sure theres a problem with the HD's themselves or im doing something wrong in the BIOS.

My MOBO is Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe, and im using 2x 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

the sata interface can be simply turned off in the mobo config. that is, if you're absolutely certain you physically plugged everything in right

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.