I have a PCI Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem and an ISA sound card. When I place a phone call my voice from the PC is not being heard at the telephone end. The voice from the telephone end
can be heard at the PC though. I thought that there was no cable connecting the sound card andthe modem and bought one. When I took out the cards to install the cable, I found that the PCI Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem did not have any pins to connect the jack to. The sound card has pins for such a connection. I am puzzled. How can I connect the cards. Should I connect them externally i.e., connect the speaker output of the sound card to the modem input? Or does the
PCI Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem has inbuilt function to handle the sound card function and hence does not need a sound card?

rational611

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

This won't help but why are you on such old hardware?

thats an insulting ? not all of us can afford new hardware .

I have a PCI Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem and an ISA sound card. When I place a phone call my voice from the PC is not being heard at the telephone end. The voice from the telephone end
can be heard at the PC though. I thought that there was no cable connecting the sound card andthe modem and bought one. When I took out the cards to install the cable, I found that the PCI Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem did not have any pins to connect the jack to. The sound card has pins for such a connection. I am puzzled. How can I connect the cards. Should I connect them externally i.e., connect the speaker output of the sound card to the modem input? Or does the
PCI Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem has inbuilt function to handle the sound card function and hence does not need a sound card?

rational611

Connecting the two the way you suggjest sounds right.does the modem work in its other capasity ,do you have the right drivers installed .dirver site .
http://www.pc-drivers.net/drivers_modems_Motorola_download_123.html

Thanks caperjack.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.