How it all Started.

The computer was working and the wireless was engaging on demand. The Internet was at our beckoning call. While installing an upgrade MS Office 97 to MS Office 2003 academic version, the installation program asked if it should delete some files that could be associated with other applications. After a meeting with those involved it was agreed to go ahead and remove the files. But, deleting the files prevented the wireless modem from connecting to the router.

The first thing I tried was to restore things back to the way they were, but it did not make any difference.

The next was to uninstall the driver and reinstall one downloaded from Dell ( R155386 ).

After installing a wireless pro driver which I received from Dell, the computer restarted, and while Windows XP Home was loading a Stop Error Screen came up. With instructions on how to proceed. I restored the system to its previous running setup which took it back to its previous driver. Now the computer starts with a Serious Error Recovery Screen and a Microsoft Message asking to report the error. The computer works, but I cant get the internet to connect. Whats going to happen next, I don't know. Maybe it will blow up.

Now you know why I am here. I hope that there is someone on this earth that can help me get this device working. Perhaps he is a member of DaniWeb.

I'm assuming that your haven't disturbed any physical hardware connection.
This is either a "still missing" driver file or a specific tweak to your software settings.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.