Well, I went to Future Shop to find the RAM I need. I gave them the receipt for the computer I bought. They gave me the RAM they said that should work with the computer I'm using. I tried it but it wouldn't fit. I returned it and they said that they don't know which RAM to give us then.

Operating System: Microsoft XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
System Model: PS583AA-ABA-a1020n
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
Memory: 504MB RAM

Thanks for any help you can give me.
-comp_kidd

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I find it very odd that a computer store doens't know what RAM to use, or gives you the wrong ram when you go to purchase a computer. Try DDR ram, 400mhz, or something like DDR2 533mhz, will work fine in your pc

Okay. Do you know where I could buy these types of rams? I'm not very good at computers. Because the store I went to (Future Shop) did not have the RAM I needed. Thanks!

I find it very odd that a computer store doens't know what RAM to use, or gives you the wrong ram when you go to purchase a computer. Try DDR ram, 400mhz, or something like DDR2 533mhz, will work fine in your pc

Future Shop is not specifically a computer store, it is an electronics store like BestBuy in case you didn't know. Future Shop has a tendancy of having employees with limited knowledge in computers so it doesn't surprise me at all (at those I went anyway).

DDR 400mhz (PC3200) and DDR2 533mhz (PC4200) are not the same at all so you should not say both should work fine if you are really not sure.

Okay. Do you know where I could buy these types of rams? I'm not very good at computers. Because the store I went to (Future Shop) did not have the RAM I needed. Thanks!

I'm curious to know what they gave you... From what I have found, DDR 333mhz (PC2700) or DDR 400mhz (PC3200) would be compatible with your system.

Tigerdirect.ca is a good online store for computer hardware but local computer stores usually have better prices. Where do you live? Here in Ottawa the place I go to is named PCCyber (www.pccyber.com). In Toronto there is Factory Direct (www.factorydirect.ca) and many more.

Sorry, but I don't know. :P All I know was that all of them were too big for my computer.-
Thanks! I live in Toronto, Canada so that should help me. =]

Another good place to buy RAM and get better advice is Canada Computer in Toronto. I go to the one in Waterloo as I just live a few min away in Guelph.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/

Dougie

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.