Hi all,

I have a VAIO S4XP and after rebuilding it with XP my function keys have been playing up. Some work, some don't... most are not important but the ability to switch between the laptop screen and VGA (for a projector) is absolutely critical, and surprise surprise that function key doesn't work!

I've tried all sorts of fixes but nothing has worked so far. What I would like to know, is there any way I can bypass the keys to get this to work? Any kind of software that will allow me to switch between VGA and onboard display?

Thanks for your time.

hi paddy, have you tried right clicking on the desktop then choose properties, the old fashioned way to replace the wallpaper, screen saver and so on...once you hooked up an external device..if you go to display properties and choose settings it will display two options 1 and 2 try to click either on of these options then choose activate...in this way you can switch your display..good luck..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.