Ok... My situation... I work for a company that does custom home integration and installation. One of our clients has a Sony Vaio Media Center that recently crashed on them. Without it they can't access anything on their home theater system so they've asked for help from us. I've been left in charge of doing the system recovery on it but I'm a little stumped. I have the recovery disks but the Vaio won't boot. I get a green power light and beep when I turn it on and when I insert the disk, I get the orange reading disk light and can hear it trying to read the disk. But on the monitor I'll either get a small white box (for a matter of a couple seconds) or absolutely nothing, just a plain black screen. And after a moment it goes quiet, though still on, but doesn't try to read the disk anymore.
I'm not extremely tech savvy... I know windows programs and software but with DOS or anything similar and most hardware details, I'm almost like a fish out of water.

:?:
One... Is there some way that I can get it to where I can use the recovery disks?

Two... Is this a common problem with these?

Please help!

Lyndi ("Red")

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

get into BIOS and change the boot sequence to CD then HDD.Sony: (F3) while you are starting the PC, then (F2) or (F1)

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.