Does anyone know how to move music from an iPod to the computer. Obviously clicking and dragging doesn't work. I'm sure that there must be some way. Right? Maybe some software I can download from somehere to help? My PC laptop isn't working currently, so I'm going to have to use my iBook laptop. An older model, tho since it is a mac, maybe that would make things easier? Anyone?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

is it a shuffle ipod or a video ipoD?
anyways, whenever you connect your ipod, go to explorer to find that it has been recognized as a flash drive with {I:} {J:} for instance, but remember not to disconnect it.
Now, Search for folder other than the itunes folder inside & there you will find all the songs that are present & from where you can copy all files & save it in your computer. :)
Pretty simple

Its a video iPod. The thinner ones made right before the new touch iPods and iPhone, and what not. But is that all there really is to it? Would I use the same method for the windows OS, or is this only doable with a Mac? Thanks a bunch for your help, btw. =D

well, i didnt notice mac, but i used to do it in my windows with my shuffle ipod.

Does anyone know how to move music from an iPod to the computer. Obviously clicking and dragging doesn't work. I'm sure that there must be some way. Right? Maybe some software I can download from somehere to help? My PC laptop isn't working currently, so I'm going to have to use my iBook laptop. An older model, tho since it is a mac, maybe that would make things easier? Anyone?

I think a ipod to PC for Mac would help you move your music from your ipod to your computer.
If you need step by step directions:How to copy iPod to computer

Set your computer to show hidden files by going to tools, folder options, show hidden files.
Then when you plug in your ipod, acess the device through my computer, there will be a folder thats paler than the others, thats because apple hid it to stop you doing this ;-)
Copy all of the files from this folder into a new one (they'll be split up into lots of different folders so dont copy the folders copy the files within them) and then import your new folder into itunes.
The tracks'll have jumbled names when you copy them but they should go back to normal when they're in your itunes.

Well, recently I bought a 160gb Ipod and I want to know how to put games in it. Katie, do you know a way to transfer games into it. Thanks

I use a software called Media Widget, it can be used in your transfer from iPod to your computer and to another iPod as you wish.Cant remember the site for the software but you can google it.You can get a Free trial version or buy as you wish but i give you my word its effective and without stress

Well, recently I bought a 160gb Ipod and I want to know how to put games in it. Katie, do you know a way to transfer games into it. Thanks

DiNeSh you can try out the iTunes stores, loads of freebies there if you have an account setup with them.Installing is easy too, once you have gotten the game on your iTune if its compatible with your mode or brand of iPod it authomatically installs itself, if its not it is not installed

try touchpod software you can download it from cnet.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.