I just got a new laptop about a week ago and I noticed that there are some issues with the keyboard. When I use the left shift button and press p, double quote, question mark (maybe a few more buttons too), it becomes backspace. (it begins deleting previous characters) If I use the right shift with those buttons, it puts the right character, but then returns. (like it pushes the enter button after)
I'm thinking, and hoping, that this might be a driver problem. I haven't tried anything to fix this yet, so I suppose it could be something as easy as a setting somewhere. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have never found it to be a driver problem when i have had to fix similar problems. I have fixed the problem sometimes by putting in a new keyboard. But when this did not work, i would have to replace the motherboard because it was the keyboard connection port that must have been bad. One of these always fixed the problem. You may wish to return the laptop for a new one if you just got it, or it should be able to be fixed under warrenty.

I just got a new laptop about a week ago and I noticed that there are some issues with the keyboard. When I use the left shift button and press p, double quote, question mark (maybe a few more buttons too), it becomes backspace. (it begins deleting previous characters) If I use the right shift with those buttons, it puts the right character, but then returns. (like it pushes the enter button after)
I'm thinking, and hoping, that this might be a driver problem. I haven't tried anything to fix this yet, so I suppose it could be something as easy as a setting somewhere. Thanks

If its new send it back its the easiest thing to do. It should work straight out of the box and have all drivers. It is not your problem to fix but the people who sold it to you!:cool:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.