I am trying to make a driver floppy for my Western digital 80 gig sata hd, I have found the files but when i try to put them on a disk it tells me its too big... i had a floppy already but the info got corrupted and as i did not make the first disk, I'm not quite sure how it works. i know that the files used to fit,can u tell me what specific files are needed?

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

Did you get a CD with the Hard Drive, it should have a section to create floppy disk with the SATA drivers

the drivers are not for the hard drive, but for the sata controller on the motherboatd

and the file should be on the mother board disk

the drivers are not for the hard drive, but for the sata controller on the motherboatd

a quote from you first post

I am trying to make a driver floppy for my Western digital 80 gig sata hd

I was referring to this:

Did you get a CD with the Hard Drive, it should have a section to create floppy disk with the SATA drivers

I was referring to this:

yeah, and i thought you post was by the original poster ,i should read more carefully i guess .lol

can anyone help me in my new 250gb hdd seagate sata..it only detects 125gb due to bios limitation, i have a seatools to set it to its maximum capacity but dont know how to do..please help me

can anyone help me in my new 250gb hdd seagate sata..it only detects 125gb due to bios limitation, i have a seatools to set it to its maximum capacity but dont know how to do..please help me

You should start a new thread.
When you do, tell us why you haven't updated the BIOS.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.