There is a CD stuck in the superdrive of my Titanium powerbook. I have tried ejecting using the eject button and by restarting and holding down the trackpad. The drive whirrs when this is tried, but doesn't push the disc out. Is there anything else I can try? If it is past repair, how expensive is it to replace? And can I plug in an external drive at all?

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by nomie44

There is a CD stuck in the superdrive of my Titanium powerbook. I have tried ejecting using the eject button and by restarting and holding down the trackpad. The drive whirrs when this is tried, but doesn't push the disc out. Is there anything else I can try? If it is past repair, how expensive is it to replace? And can I plug in an external drive at all?

There should be a manual eject if you use a (strong/thick) paperclip and try to move the felt out of the way. It should be on thr right of the opening. No guarantees. How expensive is it? No telling. Assuming the drive still works, it's going to be a lot cheaper then replacing the drive. Yes you can plug in an external drive. I suggest firewire.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.