Recently i've been having some computer trouble. I dont know if its the tower, like if something got infected in it, or if its the monitor. I myself am thinking its the tower, because I swapped my current monitor with my parent's to see if that was the problem. It wasnt, because nothing would show up on the screen. No matter how many times I reset the computer, nothing would show up. I've never had this happen to me before, but it started when my friend installed something on my computer and I just found out recently. I took a look at the casing of what I could see from the outside and it had dust on it, but the main tower has that. It seem semi-natural for dust to collect after a few days and still be fine, but this has never happened before as I stated above. It may even be the video card, but I dont know anything of what brand/model it is, since my brother was the one who put the thing together. Unfortunatley, when I asked him to wipe the computer out, he didnt answer me. Does anyone know what could be the problem? A reply would be greatly appreciated : )

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It seems that somebody's installed something that's screwed your video drivers.

When you boot, what happens? Does it seem to go all the way with disks whirring, keyboard flashing? Or does it stop booting or not even touch the disk? Does the keyboard flash at all during the first part of boot up?

It seems that somebody's installed something that's screwed your video drivers.

When you boot, what happens? Does it seem to go all the way with disks whirring, keyboard flashing? Or does it stop booting or not even touch the disk? Does the keyboard flash at all during the first part of boot up?

I'm not exactly sure myself, but all I hear is the tower making noise like it usually does when it starts up. Only the monitor or anything doesnt turn on. My mom cleaned it out earlier to see if that was the problem (dust-wise), but it wasnt. It's really confusing me, but my brother will be coming down to see whats wrong with it. If it's the video drivers, what should I do?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.