Have an HP Pavillion when I turn it on I get one short beep code then a chug from the processor then a flashing cursor on the screen, just reformated the hard drive and cannot get that to boot...any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Need more details.

It is an HP Pavilion 500, just reinstalled the OS with another machine because I could not get it installed on this machine. I do get a flash screen and can get into Bios, but that is it. Not sure what else I can give you, if you need something else let me know

Would a bad CMOS make since?

It starts the same with the cmos chip in and out...

last time this happened to me i unscrewed the board and sat ti there (put it horizontally if its a vertical pc)

there could be a chance that the board cannot transfer info and a small power on beep is all it can do---the may explain a cpu chugging too

good luck!

After you set it there, how long do you leave it out? Did that help the problem?

last time this happened to me i unscrewed the board and sat ti there (put it horizontally if its a vertical pc)

there could be a chance that the board cannot transfer info and a small power on beep is all it can do---the may explain a cpu chugging too

good luck!

i left it out and powered it on externally

eliminate it too (take out all pci cards)
if this doesnt work try to try out another ram source

good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.