Hi there

Just finished setting up my new comptuer yesterday, but when I plug in the monitor I only get "No signal" displayed on it, and then it's put on stand-by. Everything else works fine, all the fans are spinning, all the lights are on, the computer is starting up as it should. Just that I can't get it to work with a monitor.

These are the parts I've used when I built it:

* Miditower Svart without PSU
* Chieftec CFT-500A-12S 500W ATX/DualX EPS-12V 120mm Fan 20/24-pin (AMD&P4 OK)
* Asus P5KPL-E iG31 4DDR2-DIMM 3PCI 3PCIe SATA Audio VGA GB-LAN Socket775 ATX
* Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz 4MB FSB1333 Boxed (with cpu-cooler!) Socket 775
* OCZ Titanium 2x1024MB (tot. 2048MB) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz EPP-ready
* Seagate Barracuda ST3500630AS 7200.10 500GB 7200rpm 16MB cache SATA2
* BFG GeForce 8800GT OC2 675MHz GPU 512MB DDR3 TV-out HDTV DUAL DVI SLI-ready RETAIL PCI Express
* As monitor I've got a 17" TFT MEDION SXGA LCD MONITOR if that now matters.

I've searched around on google/and different forums all morning (also sat up til 04:00 am yesterday desperately trying to solve it), but still I haven't found any resonable solution for this. I've noticed that alot of people seem to have experienced this problem with "No signal", but I've never seen a concrete answer or so ;/

WHAT'S WRONG?!

- Yes, all the cables are correctly put in (I think atleast)
- And no, I've not messed up any circuit in the mobo or graphiccard when I installed them, been using a "anti-static"-bracelet all the time, or whatever they're called.

Thanks alot for your help!

Do you have another monitor or computer you can use to see if its just the monitor? Also do you have another graphics card that you could swap out to see if that is the problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.