Last time when same problem occured ,i replaced its processor, but now i did every thing not working properly.
other parts are P3 600MHz ,128Mb,20Gb Quantum
i need repairing level help

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Last time when same problem occured ,i replaced its processor, but now i did every thing not working properly.
other parts are P3 600MHz ,128Mb,20Gb Quantum
i need repairing level help

Let me get this strait ,your computer wouldn't boot ,you changed the processor ,and it started worked again ,,but has since stopped working again .!!
How long did you computer work after you changed the processor .correct me if iam misunderstanding you problem !
also you say other parts Are: . P3 600mhz ect ect .the p3 600 is your processor ,We are talking about 2 different ones right .were they the Same type and size processor .maybe the new one isn't compatiable with you motherboard

2 weeks 12 hours a day it worked properly when i replaced last time its processor. I just changed this processor which was working properly(400Mhz with 600MHz).
after this it did not work with last 400MHz pocessor
now what to do

Let me get this strait ,your computer wouldn't boot ,you changed the processor ,and it started worked again ,,but has since stopped working again .!!
How long did you computer work after you changed the processor .correct me if iam misunderstanding you problem !
also you say other parts Are: . P3 600mhz ect ect .the p3 600 is your processor ,We are talking about 2 different ones right .were they the Same type and size processor .maybe the new one isn't compatiable with you motherboard

2 weeks 12 hours a day it worked properly when i replaced last time its processor. I just changed this processor which was working properly(400Mhz with 600MHz).
after this it did not work with last 400MHz pocessor
now what to do

Could be lots of things ,video /Ram /motherboard ,
First Does the computer bootup at all ,do the fans run or is it completly dead .
just what happens when you turn it on!??

I thinking it could be the Motherboard or Powersupply ,But Ram and or Video Card can cause this sort of problem also .
If i read you right you are saying that the 400 worked ,you upgraded to a 600 and its now not working even when you put the 400 back in .Right .

If that is right ,you could try taking out the Ram ,the video card ,sound card ,modem and any other Cards that are in the Slots .and try turning on the computer to see if it powers up

You say it restarts when the Windows logo appears, have you pressed F8 before the logo appears and select Safe Mode? If it will boot in safe mode then it is likely a driver issue, have you added anything recently hardware, or eve software wise?

Me not paying attention again ,I didn't read the info in the threads name !Ignore all my post !

if it was hardware error it would probably say on POST, have you changed the mobo or flashed bios?? as if you change the mobo on a win xp machine it will quite poaaibly get to the windows boot crash and restart.

if it was hardware error it would probably say on POST, have you changed the mobo or flashed bios?? as if you change the mobo on a win xp machine it will quite poaaibly get to the windows boot crash and restart.

POST= Power On Self Test, it is a basic test of hardware, you can have working hardware but a bad driver that stops Windows from booting. I saw that on Thanksgiving day when working on my brother-in-Law's pc where I tried loading a usb nic- system worked fine till it was rebooted then it would go past the POST screen and then hang before Windows booted and would never come up due to a bad driver(it booted ok in safe mode so I removed the driver then it booted normally).

i have checked RAM,Processor at another mainboard,the are all ok.u did not understanding I have 7 years Exp in computer hardware so these things are very common and i have had done all this. the actual problm is to mainboard.please give me the guide line to repair it.its Intels P3 board with builtin display and sound cards.

Could be lots of things ,video /Ram /motherboard ,
First Does the computer bootup at all ,do the fans run or is it completly dead .
just what happens when you turn it on!??

I thinking it could be the Motherboard or Powersupply ,But Ram and or Video Card can cause this sort of problem also .
If i read you right you are saying that the 400 worked ,you upgraded to a 600 and its now not working even when you put the 400 back in .Right .

If that is right ,you could try taking out the Ram ,the video card ,sound card ,modem and any other Cards that are in the Slots .and try turning on the computer to see if it powers up

only boots in msdos but without start files,when i boot normal msdos mode it restarts again

You say it restarts when the Windows logo appears, have you pressed F8 before the logo appears and select Safe Mode? If it will boot in safe mode then it is likely a driver issue, have you added anything recently hardware, or eve software wise?

Again try booting up with no extra cards or builtin features on (go into bios and disable onboard sound, graphics, nic, etc...) so you basically only have the video card and hard drive attached to the mother board when you boot. You may also want to download Memtest 3.1A and run it to test your RAM (RAM probably isn't the issue but another thing to try), also try a different power supply.

It may be that an onboard feature is defective, I had the builtin LAN go out on the kid's pc and it would crash until I disabled it so I just put in a cheap Intel NIC I had laying around and all is well.

i have did this all u write to me but did not solve problm.can u guide me in its
rapairing ( Mainboard D815EEA ). i can do evry soldring level work.

Again try booting up with no extra cards or builtin features on (go into bios and disable onboard sound, graphics, nic, etc...) so you basically only have the video card and hard drive attached to the mother board when you boot. You may also want to download Memtest 3.1A and run it to test your RAM (RAM probably isn't the issue but another thing to try), also try a different power supply.

It may be that an onboard feature is defective, I had the builtin LAN go out on the kid's pc and it would crash until I disabled it so I just put in a cheap Intel NIC I had laying around and all is well.

Well if your going for component level repair your in for a hard time unless you can spot some obvious leaky capacitors or open resisters on the board. A leaky capacitor will have some crud on the top of it usually so it will be easy to spot, I guess you could desolder it and find and exact replacement but there may be other issues as well and without a spec sheet on the board giving you reference points for voltage measurement and whatnot it would be hard to pinpoint a problem like that (been about 5 years since I had electronics classes in college so don't remember to much of that stuff). A bad cap or IC chip should look burned or broken so break out the flashlight and check out the board.
Unforetunately it would probably be easier to just replace that motherboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.