I use a Gameboy emulator called VisualBoyAdvance. When you press space, it speeds up the emulator very fast, which makes using the game so much easier. However, that puts a lot of strain on my CPU, and therefore my fan. I want to know if overuse of this function may result in damaging my hardware.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

over use of anything, will cause it damage eventually .just ask Deep Throat

But, will this cause damage in a low amount of time? Like, in the next month or whatever? It drives my CPU usage to like 80% or so and makes my fan spin very loudly.

it could who know for sure ,it good die tomorrow for all i know ,what cpu are you running

Intel Centrino. It's about a year old. I'm just asking if intense fan usage will cause the system to die or age faster.

Intel Centrino ,so its a laptop ,my answer is still the same .intense usage ,yes in my opinion ,especially if the fan stop working ,then the cpu will quickly overheat

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.