Hi all,

I am vinodh, my system configurations are as follows.

Intel D845GVSR chipset
Pentium 4 prcessor with 2.4G.Hz speed
2 rams i.e 1gb ddr and 256mb ddr. total is 1.25 gb
one samsung cd writer and Lg DVD writer.
160gb seegate and 40gb samsung harddisks

In the above given details 160gb harddisk and dvd writer and 1gb ram are newly installed.

I am having cricket 2007 game, while playing that game for 20 min or more my system get shutdown i.e its freezes automatically, I knew that this is because of high temperature of my cpu to protect processor its get shutdown, So please give me a solution .

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

if you know for sure that is the case and there is enough cooling on your CPU and system and downclocking is the only thing you can do (if you can)what makes you say thats the case my man

if you know for sure that is the case and there is enough cooling on your CPU and system and downclocking is the only thing you can do (if you can)what makes you say thats the case my man

I am sure the heat is the main problem, is that using two cd drives make over heating of cpu?
how to increase the temperature limit of my pc?

the two cd drives has nothing to do with cpu overheating.ohk then check your internal fans of your system make sure that your cpu fan is properly seated on heatsink. also your BIOS should give you an idea of computer(cpu) temp.

the two cd drives has nothing to do with cpu overheating.ohk then check your internal fans of your system make sure that your cpu fan is properly seated on heatsink. also your BIOS should give you an idea of computer(cpu) temp.

How to check the CPU Temperature in BIOS, first how to go to BIOS settings.

start computer press del or f1(depending on your system)it will take you to a blue screen there should be a option for something temperature.it will indicate you how its performing.
!! its highly important to see if you have enough cooling in your system(see my previous post)

also make sure you put down thermal lubricant between the cpu and fan

also make sure you put down thermal lubricant between the cpu and fan

I think you meant to say cpu and heat sink

I think you meant to say cpu and heat sink

The problem solved, its because of my processor fan and heat sink is full of dust, i cleared all those dust, now the pc is not shuts down while playing any games for long time.

cool

very nice im impressed

best to start a new thread of your own ,and explain your problem and what you tried so far to fix it .
this thread is 4 yrs old and marked solved

i have the same problem..and ive tried cleaning the processor, fan, also re-applied thermal compound..still it won't turn on for a 10-15 seconds then, turns off.

any suggestions?

May be hardware failure is the cause but some time viruse also reboot the system

I am having cricket 2007 game, while playing that game for 20 min or more my system get shutdown i.e its freezes automatically, I knew that this is because of high temperature of my cpu to protect processor its get shutdown, So please give me a solution .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.