mshall 0 Newbie Poster

I'm also having an issue with my s260 not booting up. It powers on, but actually hangs before posting. Deterioration has been swift. This issue started rearing its ugly head about 2-3 days ago. In the beginning it seemed to boot up successfully after being tapped firmly on its underside in different areas, but this no longer works. It's not booting at all now.

The problem has occured with the laptop going into standby, or having been completely turned off. Yesterday it began seemingly to go into standby even while being used, and then proceeded to give problems booting up. If it didn't go into standby, then it would exhibit display issues- showing an error message about the driver (pops up and disappears too quickly for me to get the entire message), and then the display gets messed up, turns to VGA. I checked the device manager, and the driver appears to be working correctly. I've run Windows Update, so I don't think it's a driver issue.

At one point yesterday, I got the blue screen after it had booted up successfully, but I'm wondering if it was because of the constant rebooting without having been properly shut down.

Today, I opened her up and tried to make sure all connections were secure, but it hasn't seemed to help at all.

Any insight would be appreciated here!