I read that thread and found that I have the same problem. However, that appears to be help for a Desktop PC instead of a Notebook PC.

My computer freezes randomly every 20 seconds to 10 minutes. It freezes for about 5 seconds to 10 minutes.

I used to play a game and after a patch, I started having issues where my computer would (while I was playing the game) freeze for about 20 seconds every five minutes (with some variation). After doing a suggested fix by a staff of the game company, my computer started to experience more problems and the freezing times increased as well as the frequency. Right now, I'm experiencing a long time without freezing, but normally now, I can't go 2 minutes without freezing.

I don't play the game anymore, but I have the game on my computer still. I've done a minor reinstall of windows where I kept the old files.

Now I am using an HP Pavilion dv2000 CTO Notebook PC. AMD Turion 64 x2 (1.60 ghz), Nvidia Geforce Go 6150, 1 gig of ram

Any suggestions on how to fix it?

9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by FatalFake

Ok, will do. I did notice that it occurs only when either the game or the update service is running. I disabled update service and didn't play for a while (since a bit before my post) and it worked fine. Then I turned the game and the update service on...

I guess it does make it likely that I have something that attacks it. (I turned the bits service on also with the update service since it said it was needed)

is the HiJack This log

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.