Last night my machine lost all functionality, as nearly all programs have failed to open properly, including IExplorer and Mozilla. The best I can figure it may be a issue with the new video card, however its removal does not remedy the problem. About 5 days ago I added a second 3870 to run in XFire, all went well until last night, when without warning all my programs failed to operate as intended. At the time of the malfunction I was playing BF2 and lost my connection. I attempted to re-start the app and it failed to initailize, at which time I attempted multiple restarts, and a full reinstall of the game. After which I attempted to search the web for any answers, at this time I discovered that IExplorer and Mozilla also would not operate. As with nearly all other programs, they would not open at all. I then attempted to remove the newly added vid. card, but at no avail. I am operating Win XP 64 bit and have NOD32 antivirus installed. I am at a loss on this one; please help. Specifications are below...

it was a...

vvv vvv iiiii rrrrrrr uuu uuu sssssssss
vvv vvv iiiii rrr rrr uuu uuu ssssssssss
vvv vvv iiiii rrr rrrr uuu uuu sss
vvv vvv iiiii rrr rrr uuu uuu ssssssssss
vvv vvv iiiii rrrrrrr uuu uuu ssssssssss
vvv vvv iiiii rrr rrr uuu uuu sss
vvvvvv iiiii rrr rrr uuuuuuuuu ssssssssss
vvvv iiiii rrr rrr uuuuuuu sssssssss

virus

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.