I restored my pc recently. I am not very knowledged on pcs. My friend built this thing. I dont have software for my hardware / drivers?

I found software for my Video Card, it works fine.

My audio isn't working right now. I found software and installed it.

I'm getting a Error

There are no Active Mixer Devices Available. What do I need to do to correct this? Also if anyone knows what else I need to download and install for my computer to go back to normal? xD

Audio Drive
Realtek RTL8139 /810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Any help at all I greatly appreciate, thank you for taking the time to read this !

Contributors
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mechbas

I'm getting a Error

There are no Active Mixer Devices Available. What do I need to do to correct this? Also if anyone knows what else I need to download and install for my computer to go back to normal? xD

What the nits are saying is that you actually have the wrong drivers installed and/or there's a conflict in the BIOS itself. Even if you have the correct drivers installed it won't work with a incorrect BIOS setting. "Assuming" there's a sound setting in the BIOS "AND" you have a seperate sound card installed, disable the onboard sound device. If they are the right drivers there should be little prob. if any getting audio.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.