i have a dell dimension 2300. i am using windows xp pro. my sound card and video card (on the motherboard) don't work. so i put other cards in to replace them. how do i turn off the ones that don't work so the pc doesn't recognize them when i turn on the pc? i do have sound from the new sound card. i can see my moniter but only at the highest resolution or the lowest resolution nothing in between.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

go to control panel>system>hardware>device manager. look for the old drivers and things, right click, uninstall. if that doesn't work, not sure

go into BIOS intergrated peripherals in there youll be able to disable your sound and onboard display

hi i tried that now i have no sound at all, and i couldn't find where to do the video? after i did that and it didn't work i went back in and changed what i did and i still don't have sound. may i ask now what do i do?

go into BIOS intergrated peripherals in there youll be able to disable your sound and onboard display

if youre running from youre desired sound card and just wanted to disable your old sound (intergrated i assume) then that would not have been the case. what you can do is to set your BIOS to its defaults and go check in device management for a sound settng's properties to enable (sound icon).should work fine again.
that is if the drivers is installed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.